cancel

SD 4.5(SP-25) Checking for Duplicates

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Michael Daly_2
Super Contributor.

SD 4.5(SP-25) Checking for Duplicates

We have created a Service Call custom text(40) field to enter a customer's 'Customer Reference' number which we enter when we create a new Service Call.

Is there a way of 'checking' for Duplicates to this field's value?

i.e. After entering the Customer's Reference number (can be alpha-numeric) I want to be able to check if there is already this Customer Reference number in another Service Call?

I've tried to use all the UI rule options but I'm stuck and I can't find a solution. Your help is much appreciated.

Regards ...Michael Daly
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SD 4.5(SP-25) Checking for Duplicates

Hello,

If this was an entity reference field (eg code) you could do this using an overview action. However for text fields this is not available.

You can create an action using sd_dataform to list all service calls that have this cust ref number.

The command should be like this
sd_dataform.bat "service call" +"Customer Reference=[Customer Reference]" -ListAlways

menes fhtagn
Michael Daly_2
Super Contributor.

Hi George/All

I'm still having trouble trying to make this work. I have tried your sample code of
---
The command should be like this
sd_dataform.bat "service call" +"Customer Reference=[Customer Reference]" -ListAlways
---
From a command line I can get this code to work:
...\client\bin\SD_Dataform.bat "NOC Service call" -ListAlways "Customer Ref:=[Customer Ref:]"
(where I hard coded the Customer Ref: field value to 'CCD0146' to see if it would work.)

The above works and I can get a form to be displayed with the details of a Service Call with this Customer Ref: value.

The problem is when I try to run it as a Service Call UI rule and in the parameters field of the rule I have:
"NOC_Service_call" -ListAlways "Customer_Ref:=[Customer_Ref:]"

I had to join up the form name to "NOC_Service_call" because it constantly displayed error messages that it couldn't find the form "NOC".

Now I have joined up the form name, and the field name I am still getting error messages that it can't find the field "CCD0146" (which is the value of the Customer_Ref: field for the Change I am testing.)

Why am I getting so many errors?

What am I still doing wrong?

Your help is much appreciated.

Michael
17 July 2008
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Michael,

When done thorugh HPSD, the command line goes through at least 1 interpreter and loses the quotes; so try escaping the quotes

"\"NOC_Service_call\"" -ListAlways "\"Customer_Ref:=[Customer_Ref:]\""

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Michael Daly_2
Super Contributor.

Ruth

You are a Guru! I tried many, many options yesterday but I wouldn't have come up with that. Thank you very much.

Michael
18 July 2008
Michael Daly_2
Super Contributor.

Ruth

Thanks very much for such a quick and accurate response that solved my problem.

Michael Daly
18 July 2008