SD 4.5 SP 18 Working to slow.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Federico Chaves
Honored Contributor.

SD 4.5 SP 18 Working to slow.

Hello,

inm working whit SD4.5SP18, since about a momth ago, Sd is presenting Slowdowns (for example, it takes about a minute to show info for a service call), I check the server and the procesor is working fine, the DB server is also working fine and the SD server hace enough amuont of RAM.

Also, the logs are not showing my any info.

Is there something i can do when these situation happens??

Att:
Federico Chaves
Best Regards,

Federico Chaves
7 REPLIES
Jay Mistry
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: SD 4.5 SP 18 Working to slow.

Federico,

Have you allocated more memory to the Service Desk application Service?

Jay

Jay Mistry
Outstanding Contributor.

Federico

1. Have you made the memory adjustmnets in the server (so that the SD Server application gets more RAM)
This is in installservice.bat under %install directory%/server/bin

2. Do the bechmark on the clients. (ie : go to the folder where client is installed and "sd-client/benchmark". This will tell you what is slow

3. Is there any bad DB/UI rules ?

4. Do you haave a lot of secheduled tasks in the memory of the server ?

I think the first point will make a lot of difference. if posible, please post your installservice.bat file(change the filename to installservice.txt before attaching).

Jay
Federico Chaves
Honored Contributor.

Hello,

thanks for you answer,

Is there a way to ask the SD server to give me the information? i dont think the installservice.bat that i have is the correct one.

Also, some time ago, they install a second instance of the SD server and I dont know wich installservice.bat they use.

the SD server have 3GB of RAM and is also de DB server.

here is the installservice.bat:

sd_serverservice.exe -install "hp OpenView service desk 4.5 server" DEFAULT -XX:MaxNewSize=64M -XX:NewSize=64M -Xms200M -Xmx1000M -Djava.class.path="%SD_SERVERHOME%lib\classloader.jar" "-Duser.dir=%SD_SERVERHOME%\" -start com.hp.startup.Bootstrap -params com.hp.ifc.bus.AppServer -stop com.hp.startup.Bootstrap -method shutdown -params com.hp.ifc.bus.AppServer -current "%SD_SERVERHOME%\"

here is the second installservice.bat (the one i think they use for the second instance)

sd_serverservice.exe -install "hp OpenView service desk 4.5 server 2" DEFAULT -XX:MaxNewSize=64M -XX:NewSize=64M -Xms200M -Xmx1000M -Djava.class.path="%SD_SERVERHOME%lib\classloader.jar" "-Duser.dir=%SD_SERVERHOME%\" -start com.hp.startup.Bootstrap -params com.hp.ifc.bus.AppServer /settings=server_settings2.xml -stop com.hp.startup.Bootstrap -method shutdown -params com.hp.ifc.bus.AppServer -current "%SD_SERVERHOME%\"

Thanks for your help.

Att:
Federico Chaves

Best Regards,

Federico Chaves
Jay Mistry
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Federico

How many SD users do you have?
How many application servers do you have?

Have you tried running the client with the /BENCHMARK option? what were the results?

How many Scheduled tasks do you have?

Your installservice.bat looks fine, its identical to ours and we have no performance issues.

Jay
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

You might try this to improve performance:

Double the Min. pool size and Max. pool size parameters for the Datastore user/ Repository user (from 6/16 to 12/32 and 3/6 to 6/12)
Federico Chaves
Honored Contributor.

Hello, and thanks for your input in this issue.

it looks like it was the Server RAM in general and the SQL server performance.

Thanks for your Help.
Best Regards,

Federico Chaves
Federico Chaves
Honored Contributor.

Closing.
Best Regards,

Federico Chaves