The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 4.5 SP 18 Inbound Email don't update

Highlighted
CharlesGura
Occasional Advisor

SD 4.5 SP 18 Inbound Email don't update

I have an inbound Email setup to update service calls. I want to have it setup so that is will not update the service call once a status of completed is reached.

Currently, if someone sends an email and the item is in completed status, the status changes to updated by requestor. Is there a way to stop the updates to the Service Call once the ticket has been put into a specified status?

2 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: SD 4.5 SP 18 Inbound Email don't update

Hello Charles,

There are two methods, "Status Entitlement" and "Folder Entitlement".

Using the first, a role can have access to a range of statuses. For the other statuses the item will appear read only. However there is a catch, this is going to work only if the persons who can update e-mail are actually using a role. Since update through e-mail doesn't actually require a role, the second option must be followed.

Using status entitlement, once the ticket is completed you can assign it to a folder that no one except selected roles can have write access. Setting a folder can be done with a db rule when the status is a desired one.
menes fhtagn
CharlesGura
Occasional Advisor

Re: SD 4.5 SP 18 Inbound Email don't update

That makes sense. I know how to setup the Folder entitlements. Then setup the Database Rule to move the Service Call to the "Completed" folder.

In the roles the user inherits everything from above.

How does it prevent the email from updating the service call once it is assigned to the folder after the status changes to completed?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event