The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 4.5 SP 17 2 DB

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
William_157

SD 4.5 SP 17 2 DB

Its possible run 2 different DB with one server application or create other server application for other DB.
7 REPLIES
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: SD 4.5 SP 17 2 DB

Not sure why you want to do this.
But if it is for high availability then you can do this:
Set up two application servers which will connect to the same database (Primary - Acitve). But you can also create another database (Secondary) which will remain in passive mode.Use Database synchronization. Then use some cluster technology to shift the secondary database from passive to active mode if the primary database fails.
This way you will achieve high availability of both application server as well as database.
Almási János
Super Collector

You can register more SD application services running on different ports on the same computer. They can use different server_settings.xml so using different databases. Is that you want to do?
William_157

Well I like to create a second data base with different information to other help desk but using the same server. Its possible?
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi William,

If you want 2 DBs each having different information I don't think you can do that.

What Bhuvnesh describes is a backup or high availability of the same data.

You can install 2 OVSD application servers on the same physical server and point each to a different (I'm sure you know this).

Using folders is a way of segmenting data from different customers. Would folders be more of a solution for your particular requirements?
William_157

Hi Mark

Yes I know the 2 OVSD application servers.

This is the situation. We are going to implement another one help desk and want that they do not work with the data base in present production. We do not have another server to install new application server and another data base.
J. Mark Smith
Acclaimed Contributor

Would you consider using the folder feature to allow you to support separate "user" domains within the one service desk instance? I have done this a couple of times - it has the advantage of being able to use a common process to administer service management activity whilst maintaining separation/confidentiality.

There will of course need to be an admin who can "see" everything.

Mark
William_157

Thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event