SD 4.5 SP 13 - Queries & Issues

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Pai
Super Contributor.

SD 4.5 SP 13 - Queries & Issues

Hi All,

I have couple of queries on SD 4.5 with SP 13. This is an already existing setup which i am maintaining. If you guys can help me with this queries, it will be of great help.

1)We have 900 odd DB rules, i want to export this in to a excel/word document, i am unable to do so...if i try file>export>tofile>excel it gives me a excel sheet with only column names.... any inputs on this will be great.

2) Are there no duration custom field ?? and if all my custom fields are used up what do i do ? should i upgrade patch ??if so which one ?

3) Service calls raise via Service pages, dont reflect their caller names when the call is opened, currently we are looking in to history to add it manually..

your inputs will be of great help...we have severe performance issues (ofcourse coz of the number of db rules)...anyhelp if greatly welcomed...

thanks pai....
6 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SD 4.5 SP 13 - Queries & Issues

1) In the DB rule view go File-Report Style-Bordered Table
Then File - export to .xls or pront preview to a HTML file

2) If all the custom fields are used up you need to lool at SP 19 or 20 to be able to create unlimited fields. Are there any fields that are no longer in use?

3) How do users get SP accounts? Do users set them up via Service Pages themselves? Does an SD admin create the SP accounts?
Pai
Super Contributor.

Hi Mark thanks for the quick reply.

As per ur instruction i tried Tools>system>bussiness logic>db rules>service call....now i can see all the rules...then i tried file>reportstyle>bordered table...then file>export>xls ...no luck i get excel sheet with just the column headings with no data.

I am checking with the team here if there are anything that is not used....but i dint see anything of type duration...is there a field of type duration.

SP accounts are created by the SD admin...and then the users login....

thanks
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Set the bordered table then go to File - Print Preview and choose publish. Save as a HTML file.

If the SD admin is creating the SP accounts they must relate the account to a person record or you will not have the relationship between the SP account and the user. This is your problem.

If the user creates an SP account from the SP web page - as long as they detaisl matches a person record the relationship will be automatically created.
Pai
Super Contributor.

Hi Mark,
that helped me to publish.....thanks.

i feel even the SP issue also will get resolved this way...i need sometime to get this confirmed...but i am sure it will resolve.

But wat do i do abt the duration field....like short text, text, boolean,number, date .....there should be duration also correct??...if there is any duration field in use i can check if its in use or not...if not the only option is patch upgrade......so the only thing is...is there a duration type custom field.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

there could be 2 custom duration fields available with that SP. The label names could be
SerDuration1
SerDuration2

Also Actual Start and Finish will have the Actual Duration field avilable (but probably in use)

Pai
Super Contributor.

Hi Mark the only types i see is ....

Code, date, number,short text, long text,tex(255),text (65536),boolean, entity ref (CI, workgroup, person, organisation)....

basically i need these custom fileds to do the calculation for the non accountable state like pending ...to calculate the actual duration....