The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 4.5 Integration with VPO 6.x on Solaris

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
James Mohr

SD 4.5 Integration with VPO 6.x on Solaris

HI All!

In the "HP OpenView Service Desk 4.5 OpenView Operations Integration Administrator???s Guide" it says:

On your OpenView Operations for UNIX server install the HPOVSD depot file. You will need to copy it from the relevant Service Desk
CD-ROM for your system.

I cannot find a "depot" file anywhere. In previous versions the file was called "hpovsd.depot" (if I am not mistaken. However. I have looked on both the Windows CD and the solaris CD and do not find any file with "depot". On the Solaris CD in the integrations directory, there is a file "sdovo-4.5.pkg". Is this what they are talking about?

Regards,

jimmo
www.linux-tutorial.info
2 REPLIES
Arthur Vandewaa
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: SD 4.5 Integration with VPO 6.x on Solaris

Yep! use pkgadd -d /tmp/sdovo-4.5.pkg to install it. You might want to download the new OVO Integration Administrator's Guide from http://ovweb.external.hp.com/ovnsmdps/pdf/sd45_iag_eng.pdf OR http://ovweb.external.hp.com/lpe/doc_serv/

As of sd4.5 the native installers from the OS are used. please submit any comments regarding the new OVO guide to HP.

Regards,
Arthur
Jim Lellman
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: SD 4.5 Integration with VPO 6.x on Solaris

We have installed sdovo-4.5-sp.pkg on our Solaris 10 system, but when we configure it,
it aborts:

Directory /opt/OV/sd/ovo/get_ovo_attributes/Dist-SunOS-5.10_Release
with executables for OpenView Operations
on platform SunOS version 5.10
does not exist.
INSTALLATION ABORTED

Here are the contents of /opt/OV/sd/ovo/get_ovo_attributes:

Dist-HP-UX-11.11_OVO7_ORA8 Dist-HP-UX-B.11.11_Release
Dist-HP-UX-11.11_OVO7_ORA9 Dist-HP-UX-B.11.23_ia64_OVO8
Dist-HP-UX-11.11_OVO8_ORA9 Dist-SunOS-5.6_Release
Dist-HP-UX-B.10.20_Release Dist-SunOS-5.7_Release
Dist-HP-UX-B.11.00_OVO7_ORA8 Dist-SunOS-5.8_Release
Dist-HP-UX-B.11.00_Release Dist-SunOS-5.9_OVO7
Dist-HP-UX-B.11.11_OVO7_ORA8 Dist-SunOS-5.9_OVO8
Dist-HP-UX-B.11.11_OVO7_ORA9 Dist-SunOS-5.9_Release
Dist-HP-UX-B.11.11_OVO8_ORA9

I find it astonishing that Solaris 10 is not represented. Is anyone running this under Solaris 10?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event