SD 4.5 - Insert attachments

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
czajkam
Trusted Contributor.

SD 4.5 - Insert attachments

Hi,

I'm running SD 4.5 with Service Pack 23.

my dream: when I open service call I have inserted attachment with my visit card or photo of my cat. Is it possible?
PS.
For seriously, I need attachment with instruction for a lot of users
6 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: SD 4.5 - Insert attachments

I don't think you can do it via templates.

But how about a custom field called 'Special instructions' with the network share address of the document? Or heck!, even a boolean field shown as a button which will trigger a smart action to open the document right in front of them to make it foolproof.

Hope this helps.
Do not forget to assign points for the contribution.

The Pike
czajkam
Trusted Contributor.

The Pick, thanks.
But I still don't know how I can put it into practice. I'm working with SD some weeks.
I think, that I can create smart acction, but I can't find quide with commands example "Insert attachment" and parameters which I need ;-( In templates I can't see field "Attachment exist", can I add it there, with default value "T"?
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Like I said, I do not think you can do it via a template.

'Attachment exists?' is a boolean field (True/False).

The PIKE
czajkam
Trusted Contributor.

Yes, I understand. But I think about create standard attachment, which will insert, when I open new service call. and "attachment exist" will be true. I'm right?
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

'Attachment exists' will be true when a file is attached to the Service Call. That's what the field is there for.

I do not think there's a way you can have an attachment appear since the moment you open a Service Call through standard functionality.

The Pike
czajkam
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks The Pike. I have found solution. ;-) I can mouse ;-) and funcions "pull and drop".