Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 4.5 Custom Code Problem

Highlighted
Simon Turner_4
Super Collector

SD 4.5 Custom Code Problem

I have created some custom codes on SD 4.5 SP22 and I want to be able to re-order them. Currently they order by the "Ordering" field.

Is there a way of changing this to the "Text" field. This is because I have loads of items and having to change the ordering constantly is really time consuming to make it alphabetical.

Thanks

Simon
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: SD 4.5 Custom Code Problem

Hello Simon,

You cannot do that by the means of OVSD.

However this is not a difficult task provided that you don't have problems to alter the DB directly. However have in mind that HP doesn't like the users to put their hand to OVSD Database unless directly instructed by them.
menes fhtagn
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Simon,

You can use ACES to export them, then edit the XML file to alter the ordering and them import them using ACES

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Simon Turner_4
Super Collector

It's a shame there is no easy way to do this.

By the time I've finished (if ever), it will have thousands of items. These are for different CI "Models", and are constantly being updated with new items.

By using ACES it means I would have to do an export/import every time I add a new item. Again quite time consuming as our CMDB is still quite young and doesn't have alot of items in it.

Would be interesting to see how other companies with a large item stock deal with this problem.

Maybe this needs to be put to HP as a fix for future SP's.

Thanks
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Simon,

HP has frozen OVSD. No new features will be implemented (just bug fixes) unless you are willing to pay and they agree to implement it.

However, as I wrote earlier, doing that in SQL query it's quite easy.

You should also could try data exchange. Create an excel file with all the values, sort it alphabetically and then add a column that will hold the new ordering.

Then create an import mapping your code and use the text as primary key. Then using the excel as data source and the created mapping, just do a data exchange task. It should do the job.
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event