The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 4.5 Clearing or changing workgroups

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
anders risvold
Acclaimed Contributor

SD 4.5 Clearing or changing workgroups

Hi, first issue. Just got assigned SD system operations, and it was left to me a bit messy.

Amongst other things, there are many unused workgroups, but as they was in use before there are hundreds of asigned incidents, SC, workorders etc linked to them.

So, I want to do one of the following: Clearing all 'workorder' fields for these SC,WO etc, or (to maintain some sort of history), change them to the new workgroups that are in use.

Ie. For all servicecalls assigned to workgroup 'oldworkgroup', I want to change to 'newworkgroup' or clear them out, so I can delete the old workgroups.
2 REPLIES
Himanshu Chawla
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: SD 4.5 Clearing or changing workgroups

You can create a "View" for Serivce Calls that shows all the ones with the Workgroup field set as a specific value. Then you can select them all and bulk update the Workgroup value to the new one.

Himanshu.
anders risvold
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: SD 4.5 Clearing or changing workgroups

Worked like a charm, points up :)

I tested with a small batch, around 30 items. What I did not realise was that the members of new workgroup received an email per servicecall, even if the SC was closed.

Any idea how I can set that no emailnotificatilns will be sent with closed SC, or temporarily disable the email notifications ?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event