Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD 4.5 An Approval task assignment page contents

Highlighted
kashif.jameel
Trusted Contributor.

SD 4.5 An Approval task assignment page contents

Dear All,
I am creating the Change requests using the SD but when this change is created a weblink is provided in order to approve the change. There are contents on the web page which shows the Brief Description, Approval status, change and votes etc. I wanted to add and remove some of the information from the web page. In short I want to customize the jsp pages to show information which I want the user to read and act accordingly. So could anyone tell me how can I change the contents of the web page generated when a change request is created from SD 4.5.

Please also see the attachments for the web pages and the information they are showing.

Please help me out in customizing the information displayed on the web pages.

Thanks,

Kashif Jameel
6 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SD 4.5 An Approval task assignment page contents

Hi,

do you have someone in your organisation that knows jsp coding. Anyone with jsp coding skills can help. You need to know the database names of the attriutes but you can get this from the form designer - especially helpfull for the custom code fields.
Bhuvnesh
Honored Contributor.

Hi,
You can add more fields by modifying email templates.Go to System Panel --> E-mail --> click on E-mail Templates tab.
Select change approval notification and do required changes.
Regards,
Bhuvnesh
kashif.jameel
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for the help!!1

So all these jsp pages are by default and we need to code them in order to change them. Isn't there another way to change these??

I have added a lot of fields in the Email templates already but i want all those fields to be reflected on the web pages instead of the email.
kashif.jameel
Trusted Contributor.

Can anyone also tell me that from where I can find the source that from where this web page is filled up. We are using Oracle database to store all the information but for the jsp thing i have no idea.

There are also lot of method calls in the jsp scripts so from where I'll find the details of all the methods and classes for the SD that i can use to customize the web jsp pages.

e.g.
String appr_description = approval.getDescription();

Thanks,

Kashif
kashif.jameel
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,
I am waiting for any response please.

Thanks,

KJ
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

start here for the jsp.s

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\service pages\webapps\sd-sp45