Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SD 4.5 Agent on Linux

Highlighted
amykoh
Outstanding Contributor.

SD 4.5 Agent on Linux

Hi all,

I was wondering which version of the SD Agent can be installed into a Linux platform.

My SD 4.5 is on Win2K3 platform and I have a 3rd party software sitting on Linux Fedora.

So far I have tested the sd_event on Red Hat and it works from 3rd party to SD. But for SD to trigger an action on the 3rd party, the SD Agent is required, correct?

Therefore, I was wondering if I can install the Unix or Solaris SD Agent on the Linux platform?

Thanks.

Amy
7 REPLIES
amykoh
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: SD 4.5 Agent on Linux

Hi,

I was wondering is someone can help me on this issue?

Thanks.

Amy
Gyula Matics_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Linux is not supported and you can not install the hpux or solaris agent. They are for completely different systems, they won't work.

But depending on what do you want to execute on linux, there may be workarounds.
amykoh
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Basically, the 3rd party application creates its own ticket, it will then use the sd_event command line to create another ticket in SD.

SD ticket will do its thing (escalate, calculate SLA) then when the SD ticket gets closed. A rule would trigger to the 3rd party application and close the relevant ticket as well.

Do you think its possible on the Linux machine? esp without an agent?

Thanks.
Amy
amykoh
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Does anyone has a workaround?...

Thanks,
Amy
Gyula Matics_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

I think that it can be solved only by developing some custom software for the task.

Create a servlet or cgi script, that runs on a web server on the linux machine, and can interact with the 3rd party application. This then can be called from the "data exchange with external system" function from a db rule.

hope this helps, Gyula
amykoh
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

I was wondering, if anyone has a sample of this script?

Or has anyone tried this method before?

And are there any documentation on how to use "Up date data from External source"

Thanks.

Amy
Gyula Matics_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

The documentation of this feature is in the addendum for sp8. It can be downloaded from ovweb.external.hp.com/lpe/doc_serv