Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC ID can no longer be seen

Highlighted
Jess O'Brien
Super Collector

SC ID can no longer be seen

We have an issue where an SC which was being worked on can no longer be seen in SD. Does anyone have any idea why this could happen and how we could get it back.

Jess
7 REPLIES

Re: SC ID can no longer be seen

Hi Jess,
can be a views restriction/filter problem ?

bye bye,
Simone
Jess O'Brien
Super Collector

Any ideas how I'd turn it off to get this ID back?

Jess
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Jess,

What exactly is the nature of the problem? You cannot see ID in existing items or you can't see ID in newly created items?

If it is the first the ID is not displayed in the form or in the view?

If it is the latter, there is a setting in General Settings "ID after creation". If this is checked the id is assigned to a new item after the first save. If it is uchecked the ID is assigned immediately when a new item is created.

menes fhtagn
Jess O'Brien
Super Collector

George, I'm not an admin so I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Our problem is that a call was logged a few months back .. support were working it with engineering then last week when they went in to update the call, it was no longer in their queue nor could they find it in advanced find. Nothing else has changed as far as we know and only one call is affected.

Jess
Ivan Sakharov
Frequent Visitor

Hi

If you havent admin rights to SD, then it is hard to solve the problem.
I suggest you to escalate this problem to administrator of SD. This role have rights to view ALL service calls of SD, not matter of their status or folder. If this not helps, it is necessary to make some queries to SQL(Oracle) DB of Service Desk. If there is no record of service call with your ID its mean that your SC was deleted or achieved from DB and actually there are no any methods of restoring it.
Jess O'Brien
Super Collector

Ivan, I'm not an admin but I do have the full rights (long story!!!) I can't see the call either so I am guessing that it was deleted by mistake in our other effort (we're getting rid of a division of our company)

thx
Jess
Ivan Sakharov
Frequent Visitor

Hi Jess

If you company have an Data Base administrator ask him to search in servicedesk DB in the table ITSM.SERVICECALLS. The main data of Service Calls is hold in this table. You need field "SER_ID" - it is ID of Service Call.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event