The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running SP and Web UI on one server

Highlighted
Karsten Partzsc
Acclaimed Contributor

Running SP and Web UI on one server

Is it possible to run the service pages and the Web UI on one windos box??

5 REPLIES
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor

Re: Running SP and Web UI on one server

karsten,

officially webconsole should be installed on seperate server due to the fact tomcat is using java1.4.2 as JSDK. Servicepages is installed by default with 1.3 jsdk.

You could transfer files from servicepages tomcat home \webapps\sd-sp45 to tomcat webapps of console (don't forget to change web.xml if servername isn't localhost anymore...)

Jasper
Karsten Partzsc
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Jasper,

I just copied the Service Desk SP files (webapps\sd-sp45) into C:\OV\sd\web_ui\SIP\webapps.

This did not work directly, because after starting the Web UI web server, the link http://partzschkarst2:8888/sd-sp45 was not accessible.

It seems that the new â linkâ must be registered somewhere.

So I tried something elseâ ¦

Under the C:\OV\sd\web_ui\SIP\webapps is another folder called â ohwâ . So I replaced the contents of the ohw folder with the contents of the sd-sp45 folder. After restarting the web server the SP work now.

So now I only must find out how to register the sd-sp45 website in tomcat /apache. Any
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor

I did the following once for our tomcat application (I replaced strings pointing to our app by sd-sp45)

server1 = servicepages server
server2 = webconsole server

- Stop Tomcat Server on server1
- Stop OVTomcat and OVApache on server2
- Copy from server1 complete content from folder C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\service pages\webapps\sd-sp45 to C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\nonOV\tomcat\webapps
- Edit file 'workers2.properties' found in dir 'C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\nonOV\apache\conf'
- Add the following at end of file:
CODE
# Service Request Manager
[uri:/sd-sp45/*]
info=HPSD 4.5 Service pages
context=/sd-sp45

- Restart OVTomcat and OVApache
- go to url http://server2/sd-sp455

Good luck,

Jasper
Karsten Partzsc
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Jasper,

I changed the 'workers2.properties', but after restarting Tomcat and Apache I get an error for the sd-sp45 link.

"The requested resource (/sd-sp45) is not available"

Karsten
YihJieTaiwan
Occasional Advisor

I just do these steps, and it works now.

1. stop the OVApache, OVTomcat and "hp servicepages" services on the Services.msc

2. Copy the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\service pages\webapps\sd-sp45 ,all the files and sub-directory and itself, sd-sp45, to the C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\SIP\webapps\

3. Modify one file and add new one file
(a) workers2.properties, which is on the C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\nonOV\apache\conf

add these conf on the bottom of this file
# ServicePages (ServicePages)
[uri:/sd-sp45/*]
info=OpenView ServicePages
context=/sd-sp45

(b) sd-sp45.xml, add this file on the C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\nonOV\tomcat\webapps
I just copy the ovportal.xml to sd-sp45.xml, and then use the notepad to modify its context like this:
docBase="C:/Program Files/HP OpenView/SIP/webapps/sd-sp45"
debug="0" reloadable="false"/>

4. restart these services, OVTomcatA and OVApache.

You can use the WebConsole and ServicePages now.

Optional step 5. uninstall the servicepages original services.
use the uninstalltomcatservice.bat , which in on the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\service pages\bin

Thanks & Best Regards,
Yih-Jie, Lin
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event