cancel

Rollback client from SP24 to SP17

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
James K.
New Member.

Rollback client from SP24 to SP17

In the process of intallation and testing of OVSD4.5 SP24 from SP17 on the development server, I connected my client PC to the development server. This connection led to the client upgrading from SP17 to SP24.
Now I am stuck with the client PC having problem rolling back to connect to the actual production environment which is SP17.
Is there any way around to achieve this?
3 REPLIES
Mihai Tita
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Rollback client from SP24 to SP17

Hi James,

A longer way but sure is to uninstall Service Desk client and to reinstall OV SD 4.5 SP 17.

Regards,
Mihai
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi James,

just uninstall the client and reinstall it to SP 17. Be sure to back up either the full client servicedesk folder or at a mimimun the views.dat file just in case.

You could also try copying the servicepack.jar from the SP 17 client instal files to the client and see what happens but better to run the uninstall and reinstall as it only takes minutes for a client

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\client\lib\servcepack.jar
James K.
New Member.

Thanks heaps to both of you, for your response!
The unistall and reinstall didn't do the magic for me, but copying the servicepack.jar from the SP 17 client install files did the trick fo me.
Without copying the jar files the message that I was getting is on the attachment.