The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles

Highlighted
Elias Abboud
Honored Contributor

Roles

hello everyone,

I have a fresh installation of SD 5.1 when I try to define helpdesk agent roles are not present. Does this mean that I need to create this roles manuaaly or is their some template to know which permissions to give?

And by the way after a fresh installation, no roles appear in the SD 5.1

Is this normal when I did not install the sample data?

thanks in advance
If you can't solve it, post it :)
4 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Roles

Hi,

I think if you did not install te demo data then there should be no roles predefined. You can create a general role and perhaps use that as a template by copying and pasting in when you want to create more roles with additions to that basic access.
Elias Abboud
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reply, Can anyone send me the role templates for sd 5.1 so that I can import them? or otherwise can anyone tell me what are the standard permissions to give to an helpdesk agent who will be registering and assigning the service calls.

Thanks in advance
Elias Abboud
Honored Contributor

I have given all permissions but the Servicecall, incident problem workspaces are not showing. Is there somethign I am missing?

JaS_4
Honored Contributor

SD 5.x has an extra tab for workspaces. You need to give view permission at the workspace level as well.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event