Did you mean: 

Roles and Custom Field restriction??

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Vleung
Super Collector

Roles and Custom Field restriction??

I am trying to restrict a custom field to be read-only, but it does not appear to work for some reason.

The custom field is a Code type, and I've placed my test account with a single 'Support' role. I've assigned all the field controls to be 'Hide' (via the Advanced section) in that Role, as well as related Roles, yet the field still appears and is usable as well. Does anyone have any ideas?
4 REPLIES
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: Roles and Custom Field restriction??

Hi

By default when you activate a custom field no matter what type it is set to 'write' for all roles.
You will need to go through each role and on the advanced tab you will need to make the role 'view'.
Have you added the field to a form? you also need to add the form to the role so it is visible and that the permissions work.

Try closing the client and re-opening it once you have made the changes.

Jay
Vleung
Super Collector

Thanks,

After your post I decided to go through every single Role, and set the field to be in 'Hide' mode. Then I set my Support role to have the field in 'View'. It appears to work!

Maybe it's good to run a test.

Can you create a new role and assign a user to it that has no rights to other roles.
When you hide the field it should not be displayed.

In my test environment i saw that the permission of the role and roles within roles, etc need to be changed to hide to get it hidden.

Can you do the test to see if this works?
Vleung
Super Collector

Yes, it works, but unfortunately since the accounts I create need to have that 'Support' role by default, I'd have to test it with that role for a live-environment scenario test.

Anyway the problem's solved. Closing thread.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event