The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role problem - Access rights to Incidents

Highlighted
Tore Skåra
Occasional Advisor

Role problem - Access rights to Incidents

Hi.

We are currently using Service Desk 4.5 SP23, which has 86 roles defined. A lot of or customers have access to HPOVSD, thus the many roles.

I've just added a new role, where I'm giving the role access rights to View Incidents (see attached image (role_incident01.jpg). When I test the role, I'm not able to view any Incidents. I try doing an Advanced Search, but it gives me no results. I've tried copying roles where this is working, but it gives me no results.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? We upgraded from SP15 to SP23 about a month ago. This hasn't been a problem earlier as far as I'm concerned.
1 REPLY
Tore Skåra
Occasional Advisor

Re: Role problem - Access rights to Incidents

When I edit the role and set View access rights at a higher level (giving rights to view all Incidents from all customers), I'm able to view Incidents (see attached image role_incident02.jpg)

This seems a bit strange. Why is this not working when I set the access rights at customer/folder level?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event