The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right format , wrong error (4.5.SP23) big trouble

Highlighted
Rubem Andrade
Occasional Visitor

Right format , wrong error (4.5.SP23) big trouble

After migrate from 4.5.SP17 to 4.5.SP23, when I try to add or modify date field , manually or using the calendar , the message above is occurring:
The date you have typed is invalid. Please type a date using the date format set under your user options, or use the field's calendar, or use a single number preceded by a minus sign for a number of days back, or use +, -. For example: Short Date, Medium Time (29/01/07 16:08)
Only the detour : 0 (zero) to current date and hour , or another number is working.
A case is opened to HP.
Please tell me if anybody have this problem or have the solution.
Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Right format , wrong error (4.5.SP23) big trouble

Hello Rubem,

I have no such problem on our test env (only there I have SP23). Maybe this is timezore related, what is your timezone?
menes fhtagn
Raman Shcharbak
Frequent Visitor

Rubem, remember this thread?
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1128347

I`m running sp23 and have no such problem. But I have clean installation, not upgrade.
Rubem Andrade
Occasional Visitor

Tks guys for the answers... The problem is under investigation, yet.
The George´s tip of timezone is a good shot. Im ending a training and backing to the office next monday. I will give the update.
Tks again.
Rubem
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

HI
I did not have your problem, use the next fromats: 01/07/2007 04:15, 06/09/2007 14:33:00 .

Vasily
Rubem Andrade
Occasional Visitor

Hi Vasily,
Would you please clarify your suggestion.
I guess I already tried it.
Rgds,
Rubem
stoney_2
Regular Collector

Hi dude,

We on 4.5 SP21, last week we had a problem with date field where rel date would not accept sunday 28 OCT (from the calendar) It would change it to Saturday 27 OCT. has same problem with another date field in change. Our workaround was to cut/paste the date from another field on the screen and it worked. It has been reported as a bug to HP. It was a custom date field and we were using timezone AET utc+10:00 DST however if we had used another timezone like AEST it would not have errored.

cheers
its a long way to the top if ya wanna
Rubem Andrade
Occasional Visitor

Hi Fellows,

Tks for the answers.
The problem is fixed.
Just set the Default Timezone but in the Application Account definition. Probably the is a collateral effect regarding the implementation of timezone customization. In the prior servicepack (17) this field was blank.
I guess the first answer by George almost shooted the target.
Rubem Andrade
Occasional Visitor

Pls read the topic above.
Closing...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event