The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting the right to change the status of the Service call

Highlighted
Andrej_19
Collector

Restricting the right to change the status of the Service call

Hello,

I have multiple SD login accounts, which also havve multiple roles assigned. Some of them have the Service call modify right, some of them not.

I'd like to modify the SD access so only one or two specific persons (or LOGIN ACCOUNTS) are able to change status of the call =

Is there any other way to achieve this (for example via UI rule), than through modifying roles ?

Regards,

Andrej

3 REPLIES
Thorfinn Thomas
Regular Collector

Re: Restricting the right to change the status of the Service call

Hi!

Yes, you should be able to do this with a rule that changes the status field back if the user isn't authorized to change it.

I would recommend using a hidden status field (Custom field enabled but not shown in the form) that duplicates the value in the status field, to keep the old value to check against when status is altered.

But I would in general not recommend using this approach. Rules is the best way to go, in my opinion.

regards, Thorfinn
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi andrej,

I think you will have to use the roles approach and I would recommend the following:

Modfy all your existing roles so that status is view only. Then set up another role which allows write and give this role to the accounts you want. This appraoch will make it easier for you to control who can modify it.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Jonathon Druce
Honored Contributor

If all you are wanting to restrict is the ability to change the status then have one role that has write access to the status field and the other roles only have view access.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event