Restricting Visibility of a Status

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
John.Cook1980
Respected Contributor.

Restricting Visibility of a Status

Hello,

I'm hoping to add an additional status field in OVSD but hope to make it visible to only one team.

How can I do this?

Regards
John
(HPOVSD Version 4.5 sp23)
7 REPLIES
Ondra Ernyei
Honored Contributor.

Re: Restricting Visibility of a Status

Hello,

you can specify in roles the status range the role can change the item.
This will tell SD that the user with this role cannot modify an item with the status out of this range.
The other way is to limit values upon triggering an UI rule.

Cheers,

Ondra
John.Cook1980
Respected Contributor.

Ondra,

Thanks for the reply. I can see status in the role field however how do I prevent users from seeing one status when I need them to be able to see all others?

I will try your second suggestion as well

thanks again John
Ondra Ernyei
Honored Contributor.

Hello,

you cannot. The limitations are always based on ranges.

Ondra
GwenH
Trusted Contributor.

I have never exactly inserted a field based on a workgroup but theoretically it can be done. To do it you will need to do the following:

Create a new form in the Module you are working on. Make this form a subform.

Add an insertion marker to the Main form that you use where you want the field to show up. (don't forget to name your insertion marker)

Go to Data; Codes; General; Generic Relation Type. Create a new Generic Relation Type. Your From Item will be Workgroup (or the field you identify your team in) your To Item will be Form

Add a relationship between the team you want to see this field and the SubForm you put the field on. (save and close)

Next create a UI Rule. The UI rule will be applied After an Existing item has been opened, after a new item has been opened or when a value has been changed. The condition should be workgroup is anything (or team). The Action to be Performed will be Insert Subform.

A caution I have on this, whenever you instert a field where it has limited viewability, do not use security, prevention, required fields to make it required, unless the team who can see it is the only team who can create the record or modify it at the status it is required at.

Hope this helps.
John.Cook1980
Respected Contributor.

Gwen thank you for your help I'm going to have a go at this now...

Ondra there must be some restriction as a general user of OVSD can not close a Change or Service Call etc they can only be closed by the admin team... this may be just down to the way my company configured OVSD before I started though... I certainly haven't come across any specifc rules
John.Cook1980
Respected Contributor.

Ondra I have revisted your original response and successfully added a new status range visiable only to the Problem Mgt team. I updated the details field for all other role to ensure that the new status was out of their range.

Ondra if you can post a response I will update you points to correctly reflect the support you provided thanks again

Gwen your suggestion also proved really useful to me, thanks.
Ondra Ernyei
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Thank you, John.
I'm glad it helped.

Regards,
Ondra