Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict SC form access when status is "Closed".

Highlighted
Miguel Rodrigue
Super Collector

Restrict SC form access when status is "Closed".

I want to make a Service Call form to read-only after it is closed, so users cannot make any changes when it is on Status = Closed.

How can I do this?

Regards,

MR
8 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Restrict SC form access when status is "Closed".

Hi Miguel,

you will find the details here. Enable status access and then set the access rights per role

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=837178
Miguel Rodrigue
Super Collector

Mark,

I think that this do not solve my issue. I don't what to "hide" some status values for a specific role. I want the users to have access to all diferent status, but once they save the service call with status=closed, they only can open it as read-only, with no access to change any field of the form.

Do you understand me?
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi Miguel,

Try folder entitlement. That's what we have done in our setup. Create a folder called "Closed Calls", assign all calls that are closed (using a DB rule) to this folder. Enable Folder entitlement in the System Panel General Settings, and enable View only permissions to this folder to all the roles.

This will do the following:

The moment a call is Saved and Closed, it will be moved to Closed Calls Folder, and the next time someone tres to open it (other than the administrator), the user will get a view only screen.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Miguel,

as Saurabh mentioned folder entitlements would achieve this with a rule to place the call in a folder that the users have read only access to.
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Miguel,

Mark's answer does, in fact, meet your requirement. Setting status access does two things: it prevents you from setting certain statuses, and it limits your ability to write to an item to the statuses for which you have rights, which is what you want to do.

Setting status access can be tricky, because it depends on folders and many users have found that changes to status access somehow get into caches, but and not immediately useable by the accounts. At the least, you must log out and log in again to see any changes.

You can also use folders, as suggested, but isn't that really a workaround for a solution that already exists?

-Josh
Terry A. Moir
Esteemed Contributor

Miguel,

Mark & Josh have the answer. Just because you limit the Status doesn't mean they can't see it once it's set, but they can't see it to set it closed. To get around this have them set the Closure Code when completing a Service Call, and create a DB rule to set the Status to "Closed".

Terry
Ken Briscoe
Honored Contributor

I'd go with Terry's approach. We usually have a status of Completed, and only a few people can set Closed. ALternatively, give everyone the "Closed" status, but have another "Closed-No Update" Status after that in the list. Then use Status entitlements so no-one has access to "Closed-No Update", and a DB rule which says If Status(*) = Closed, then set Status = "Closed No Update". That should do it.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
jbuch
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Miguel,

I have the same Problem.
After status='closed' I assign (DB-Rule) the ticket to an other Workgroup for that the user only have read-only rights. I delayed this DB-Rule for 1 day to give the user the change to correct or update this ticket. So I can tickets set for active work, viewing only or no access.

Maybe it helps you.

Regard Josef
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event