Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Reset ID Number after year ends in SD 5.0

Highlighted
Marcelo Sano
Trusted Contributor.

Reset ID Number after year ends in SD 5.0

Hi Masters!
I need to reset the Service Call, Incident, Change and Problem ID´s after year ends and I can´t delete the old registers. Do you have a solution for this in SD5.0

Best Regards
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Reset ID Number after year ends in SD 5.0

Hello Marcelo,

You could reset the IDs but what you would do with the existing entries? You should renumber them and then resetting the ids. Not an easy job and can't see the point of it.

What you could do though (though I still don't get the point of it) it to set the ID of all items to -let's say 100.000- after the new year.
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Marcelo,

You could reset the IDs but what you would do with the existing entries? You should renumber them and then resetting the ids. Not an easy job and can't see the point of it.

What you could do though (though I still don't get the point of it) it to set the starting ID of all items to -let's say 100.000- after the new year.
menes fhtagn
Marcelo Sano
Trusted Contributor.

Hi George,

I purpose this solution (to set the starting ID to 1.000.000) but the customer reject. They need this because some brazilian laws require ID reset for some public companies
Bryan Kercheval
Super Contributor.

So they don't care they won't have any items still in the system in the new year?

Maybe a numbering system like the year first and then have the maximum possible number of items you'll need for the year if this is possible.

Something like 20070000001 to start with.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Well, in that case there's no much to do. You may renumber the old tickets to something like
1.000.000+ and restart the id count but this is quite a mess. Because what will you do next year?
menes fhtagn