Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Reporting Views

Highlighted
Tony McCallion
Contributor.

Reporting Views

Hi,
I am working on a BI project that requires information from SD and have got the reporting views.

Does anyone know where I can find information on what data each view contains?

Any help would be appreciated
Tony
5 REPLIES
Igor Karasik
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Reporting Views

Tony,
On the top of each report you have button "Show SQL queries".
HPSIM database tables description you can find in "HP Systems Insight Manager 5.0 Technical Reference Guide"
http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/sys-book_5.pdf
from page 637
Tony McCallion
Contributor.

Thanks Igor,
very useful document, is there a similar document for Service Desk reporting tables/views?
Igor Karasik
Acclaimed Contributor.

Tony, don't know.
You post question in HP System Insight manager forum and I answer assuming you have HP SIM .
Now question moved to right forum and you will have right answer :-)
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Tony,
I don't think there is any specific doco about the views....but I don't think you really need any.
The view just contains all the active fields (with your own names for custom fields) for each entity. eg V_Problem has all the problem fields "de-normalised" - very easy to use.
You can link in other views like V_history... to get audit data, and v_service_event_relation to get a table of related items (eg service calls related to problems).
If you look at the columns of each view you can see they are quite straight forward to use.
Also, each field that is a foreign key has the object id in the view, so if you need more info you just link to that item's view or even its nase table/s.
eg if you want more info on the CI in a Service Call, you just link V_Service_Call and V_Configuration_Item via the configuration_item_object_id field (or maybe the Search code if unique).

Also you can get info about the base tables from the Data Dcitionary - generated on the System tab in Admin.
Hope that rambling reply makes sense.
Good luck......Ken.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Tony McCallion
Contributor.

Thanks Ken,

That was very helpful, and have made good progress.

However I seem to have ended up with some many-to-many joins:

1) v_service_call.configuration_item_object_id=v_configuration_item.object_id

2) v_service_call.caller_object_id=v_person.object_id

3) v_person.entered_by_person_object_id=v_member.person_object_id

4) v_service_call.organisation_object_id=v_organisation.object_id

Do these joins make sense to you?
Many Thanks in advance
Tony