Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Reporting Tools for HP SD 5.10

Highlighted
Jesse M. Clark
Contributor.

Reporting Tools for HP SD 5.10

What reporting tools do you use for Service Desk? What tools do you use to pull reports together on the back end?
3 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Reporting Tools for HP SD 5.10

Excel and Crystal Reports are easy if you familiarize yourself with the database views for reporting.

Other members in the forum have mentioned Westbury Report Manager.

Hope this helps.
Points are welcome.

The Pike
SMIsuite
Contributor.

Hi Jesse, The Pike is right. Most customers looking for an easy to use reporting tool for SD (but also for Service Manager) are using Westbury report manager.
(www.westbury-it.com)
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

Crystal Reports, if you've already got a copy.

I don't know if the latest 5.1 service packs have fixed the export to Excel options, but I wouldn't bet on it. The alternative is linking Excel right to the database, but that has caused us performance issues in the past.

So back to Crystal. Be sure you have a good grasp of the data structure. We've never had a request to provide insight on data structure not come back as "buy services!". Lastly, make double sure your deadlines are being calculated correctly. Ours never did, and they never figured out why, so we created some substantial Crystal formulation to do it for us. If you need access to it, I could send it to you.