Go to solution
Highlighted
Christie Graham
Valued Contributor.

Removing unwanted resolution categories

Running SD4.5 (SP13)

In the admin console, under
Data->Codes->Service Call->Service Call Resolution Category

I have unwanted categories that i would like to remove. Unfortunately i cannot do this because the categories have dependent relations, so i was wondering if there is some way that you can hide/block these unwanted categories so that users cant see and select them when closing a service call.
4 REPLIES
Dan Ioan
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Re: Removing unwanted resolution categories

Hi Christie,

Indeed, you can't delete those categories due to their relations with previously service calls. But, you can block the unwanted, using associated check box field 'Blocked'.
There is no doubt, after that, will be not visible to be selected when a new SC will be raised.

Best regards,

Dan
Christie Graham
Valued Contributor.

Well dont i feel stupid... Missing the most obvious option! ha. Thank you!
Raghunathan Tik
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Chris,

the other way to delete the unwanted category codes is, identy those you want to delete, using Advanced Find option search for all calls having the category value, move to another category (say a dummy category). Once you make sure that this task is done on all unwanted categories, then you may go ahead and delete the listed category. This will reduce the number of category values under the codes.

hope this helps you to some extent.

raman
Dan Ioan
Honored Contributor.

Hi Chris,

A good solution from Raman, but take care and verify if some DB rules are not sending e-mail notification into your organization when those SCs have been modified!

Regards,

Dan