Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing old version of HP Openview Service Desk

Highlighted
Guy Washington
Acclaimed Contributor

Removing old version of HP Openview Service Desk

Hi,

A colleague of mine is trying to install HP Openview Service Desk 4.5 on his PC. He had an old copy of HP Openview (I think it was an earlier maintenance level of 4.5). We have slowly been removing the old version bit by bit as we strike new problems with the install.
What we have deleted so far is:
- The old version in the progam file HEWLETT-PACKARD
- The folders Software FX Shared, Software GridEx Shared, Software Sheridan Shared, Software SupraSoft Shared from C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- The HEWLETT-PACKARD folder in C:\Documents and Settings\userid\Application Data\.

The install works OK but when we try to connect to the server after putting in the userid and password we get the message "You need to upgrade your software. Click the link below to go to the web page containing the latest version and patches."
It looks like something else related to the old version is still around. What else do we need to remove from the old version? Note that others have been able to install OK from the same source but they didn't have the old version around.
Thanks
6 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Removing old version of HP Openview Service Desk

Look for a file named servicepack.jar within the installation folder. Remove it and reinstall the service pack to the PC.

Of course, install the same service pack level as your SD server.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Guy Washington
Acclaimed Contributor

Thanks for the reply but we don't have that file anywhere in the installation folders. We are doing a complete new install.
Wessie
Occasional Contributor

It is still a Service Pack issue. What you can do is download a Service Pack from the HP Software support site (the latest is 35 I think), apply that SP to the server, then to the client and it should be solved.

Gerton
Err_1
Honored Contributor

If you do not have this file, then it means that you have just installed the base system, and still need to apply the respective service pack.

Points for assistance are welcome!

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
The Pike
Honored Contributor

From what you describe, it could also be that the user had the SD4.5 original client installed and now you could be installing the not-so-new-anymore SD4.5 Client 2008.

I'm sure you'd keep our interest in the subject if you assigned points to those trying to help.

The Pike
Guy Washington
Acclaimed Contributor

Sorry, I'm new to this. The problem is we get the product already packaged and are given instructions from the desktop people on how to install it. You are probably wondering why I don't consult them but it's a really long story and we may (eventually) get someone to help us but in the meantime I thought I'd just ask the question. We thought there might be something in some hidden file or registry file that we needed to delete. Thank you for your time anyway.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event