The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminder mails on Approved Change Requests

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Peter J Gray
Regular Collector

Reminder mails on Approved Change Requests

Hi,

Can anyone advise how I can set an automated mail to be sent out to Change Requestors a period of time after the Change has been approved so that they can be reminded to close their Change request.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Peter
4 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Reminder mails on Approved Change Requests

I think this is a standard "scheduled task" type DB rule :-

When Change Status*=Approved
then schedule a test n days from now that Status!=Closed
and then send email

Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Peter,

as stated by Mike scheduled tasks are the way to do this. Watch out for creating too many in case they may cause performance issues.
Tomas Votruba
Super Collector

Dear all,
this is just gag copared to when the business is involved into SD approval processes. Did somebody solve this problem where the approvers are loosing automated emails? Did somebody integration into Servicepages?? We've just developed asp overview for not approved entities, but this just temporarry solution for me.

THX

Tomas
Tomas Votruba
Super Collector

Dear all,
this is just gag compared to when the business is involved into SD approval processes. Did somebody solve this problem where the approvers are loosing automated emails? Did somebody integration into Servicepages?? We've just developed asp overview for not approved entities, but this just temporarry solution for me.

THX

Tomas
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event