Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release date for SD 5.1

Highlighted
Hasim.Baba
Frequent Visitor

Release date for SD 5.1

Hi,

AFAIK - SD 5.1 was supposed to be released June 2006. Does anybody has any update on when it would be released and what would be the upgrad path to it from SD 5 SP1.

Thank you,
-Hasim
9 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Release date for SD 5.1

Hello Hasim,

I don't know when v5.1 will be released but testing it shows that HP is on the right path. At least I didn't find any major problem with it. It has some minor issues though.

But better late and relatively bug free than now and hell break loose :)
menes fhtagn
Hasim.Baba
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the information and yes I agree with you that it should be tested completely with a few bugs :)

Apart from bug fixes, any major enhancements in term of features that you notices ?, specifically the SLM module. I would be really interested to know if more metric adapters are available for other tools, specifically for OVO - NNM.. It would be nice to get metric based on events for calculating the availablity.. currently OVIS metric adapter is nice to check service availablity unfortunately we have not bought it :(

Thanks again,
-Hasim
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Hasim,

Sorry, I have no clue. I installed SD5.1 on a test machine just for the fun of it. We are on 4.5 SP19 so upgrading to 5.1 is not possible, thus no extentend testing is made.

However the 5.xx version is very impressive. We will wait till 5.2 is released for upgrading from 4.5.

I imagine that with the Peregrine buyout from HP, SD 6 (well... considering the delay of v5 I won't hold by breath waiting of that) will be even more impresive :)
menes fhtagn
Hasim.Baba
Frequent Visitor

Neither can I :) , thanks George and enjoy the points !

IN the meantime, if anyone has any info if more metric adapters are being planned to be supplied with the new version, please do let me know... Open metric adatper technology is good for custom applications, but having ready-made adapters for existing OV products would be NICE

Regards,
-Hasim
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I just came across the following:

5.1 with the migration tools will become available on a limited period from August to some customers and then generally available 3 months after that (Nov/Dec).
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello!

Mark, did you have heard anything about v5.2?
When installed SP18 it was a bet wheather v5.1 will be released soon after that or not. I won the first part of the bet. The second is when v5.2 will be available. I calculated that this could be in summer 2007 (I have to plan a budget because upgrading to V5.2 and migrating all data won't be a walk in the park).

So far, v5.x is vastly superior to 4.5 but it lacks some features introduced on SP18 and later, like Dynamic forms and E-mail service calls.
menes fhtagn
Hasim.Baba
Frequent Visitor

Long wait :( , and thanks for the info !

I hope they would enhancing the features by releasing patches for the exisiting customers who are already using SD 5.

Regards,
-Hasim
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi George,

Sorry I haven't heard any news on a release date for 5.2. I do want to go to SP 18-19 and would feel a lot easier if I knew when 5.2 was out too as I want the SLM & Config improvements.
dschul
Regular Collector

Latest Information I got is that 5.1 will be released on HP FTP-server second week of August.

I'm not sure if there will ever be a 5.2. I have received some information that they will skip 5.2 and GO directly to Service Manager 7.0, which is a merge of Service Desk and the peregrine tool. But this was never officially confirmed...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event