Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relating CI's to Person

Highlighted
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Relating CI's to Person

I know that CI's can be related to a Person record and I can acheive this via the CI form.

However when I access the Person form, under the CI's tab, all the fields are greyed out. I cannot access the Relate or Unrelate buttons.

Within the system admin console there are no restrictions on the fields of the Person form or the CI form. Yet I can't relate CI's to Person via the Person form, why are the buttons not accessable?

Even signed in as system admin, the fields on the Person form are read only, why?
9 REPLIES
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Re: Relating CI's to Person

Forgot to add that I'm using SD 4.5 and SP17.

I think you can only relate from the CI form and on the person form it's just a view only area.
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

That did cross my mind and I'm not doubting you but, why is there a Relate and Un-Relate button on the form if it read only?

Anybody?
Michel SILVA SO
Occasional Visitor

Hi Peter,

this was already mentioned a few days ago...
FYI: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1075756

Rgds,
Michel
Colleen Talbert
Collector

Actually, Michael, I don't agree that the thread you reference explains why there is a Relate/Unrelate button on the Person record.

I am curious about this, too because it's such a pain if we want to move PC's around. We have to go to the person record, then remember or write down the Search Code for the CI, then go to the CI view and reassign the person on the CI form. I don't understand why we can't do that from the Person record. It seems like we used to be able to do that.

We're on SP17 as well, is this something new to SP17?

Thanks,
Colleen
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

There is nothing wrong, just a minor glitch. You can't relate CI to a person through person as you cannot relate CIs to ORGS using ORG form.
menes fhtagn
Colleen Talbert
Collector

A minor glitch? Let me guess...there's no plans or hot fixes to correct this glitch. It's a major inconvenience for my PC Support team! Should I complain to HP and see if they have any resolution?

Thanks,
Colleen
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Coleen,

The minor glitch is that the button "Relate" is presented though it shouldn't by HP's design.

However if you make an ER for letting relating CIs from user form I would gladly vote for it!
menes fhtagn
Terry A. Moir
Esteemed Contributor

Colleen,

You can do an Advanced Search for CI's, and type the following in the field area on the Advanced tab

users;user

then select operator and value to list all CI's used by a particular person, then update each CI. Saves writing them down, althouh relations still have to be changed individually...
Terry
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event