Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Related CI's tab read only

Highlighted
Geert Van Riet
Regular Contributor.

Related CI's tab read only

Hi,

For some of our profiles, we have made the Related CI's tab read only by setting the attribute for this on "view". But they still have write access on a number of CI types.
But what happens is next: when they go to related CI's tab, that is read only, and then open a CI, of some type they have full access on, by double-clicking it in the related CI's tab, it opens as READ ONLY !! Although they have full access on the CI type, they cannot change anything if they open it out of a tab where they don't have access. So to avoid it, they should take the ID and look it up through a find and then open the item. But this is sooo much overkill.

Can I change this behaviour somehow?? This behaviour is totally unlogical to me (but there are more tings like that in SD 4.5 ...).
I cannot find any way to change it and the Related CI's tab looks like one fixed component with no customisation possible...

thx for any answers,
Geert
5 REPLIES
Michel SILVA SO
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Related CI's tab read only

Hello Geert,
I think that you haved defined in the ROLES that from the form (which seems to be Work Order) CI's can only be read.

cf. Attached Screen-Shot.
Administrator console>Security>Role
Select Work Order in the list an press the Advanced Button.

Change it to Write... and it should work.

Rgds,
Michel
Geert Van Riet
Regular Contributor.

Hi Michel,

Thanks for your reply but I was not refering to the Workorder item. I was talking about Related CI's tab on Configuration Items. I should have specified this.
When I take a profile that has read-write access on the Related CI's tab, it opens the CI's with applicable rights. But if you open from a profile with read only Related CI's tab, it opens them in Read Only mode, regardless of the profile options...
Michel SILVA SO
Outstanding Contributor.

Geert,

Thank you by precising the Form.Do the same action as before but this time look for CI. Press the Advanced Button and check that the "Related CIs" Field is set to Write...

cf. Attachement.

Hope this helps.
Michel
Geert Van Riet
Regular Contributor.

Hi Michel,

Hmm, my case is not clear it seems. I explicitly want to disable the option for the users to add or modify relations (by putting this Related CI's field to "view"). But we still want to be able to open the related CI's according to the rights the user has on this specific CI type.

So, they cannot create relations to it but they CAN do updates in the CI when opening it. And this is my problem.

regards,
Geert
Michel SILVA SO
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Geert,

Granting access to the relation is not possible, in my oppinion.
The form that manage the relations between CI's is [CI Relations; cf. Attachment], which is not available on the Security Role window. This means that Relationships can not be managed in a security point of view.

Rgds,
Michel