The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reject Change if 1 NO approval vote

Highlighted
Brian Alexander
Super Collector

Reject Change if 1 NO approval vote

How can I make a DB rule to reject a change if it receives one NO vote?
9 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Reject Change if 1 NO approval vote

Hi Brian,

you need to create a custom text field (e.g. text1)
You need to create a rule to copy the value of the approval vote (Approval Result)to this custom field (text1)
e.g.

You need to have another rule fire to change the status to what you want set and also set what ever other fields are required. This rule should fire against the value of what is in (text1).

The reason is that you cannot fire a rule using Approval Result directly but you can populate its value into a text field and fire a rule on the value that is populated in the text field
Brian Alexander
Super Collector

I know you have to shadow copy the result to compare against it. My question is how do I make the result "Rejected" if it gets only a single NO vote regardless of the number of approvers required.
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

It may not be possible to configure OVSD like this. The OVSD approval settings work based on the number of votes only. We cannot designate some one as the key approvar, who only should have the rights to approve/reject a record.
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Brian,

Set the voting strategy to all N of N and then as soon as someone says no the Approval result will be Rejected.

Then you have 1 DB rule that keeps a copy of the Approval Result in a custom field when approval status is set to Ready and another which is triggered by the value in this custom field to set the status of the whole change to Rejected.

If you are voting on a work order
and wnat to alter the status of the owning change (rther than voting on the change itself) and you have problems chnaging the status of the owning change - just ask there is a trick to help.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Kai Widua
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Ruth,

The trick you mentioned would be interesting for me. How can I alter the Status of the owning change of a wo?

Thanx !
Moxie
Regular Collector

Brian,

We had the opposite scenario where I work but the method may work for you also. We craeted a custom field called Approval Status. We limited that field to a particular role which had the ability to say yes or no to the relase of the change.

Hope this helps.
Do it right the first time
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Kai - the "trick" Ruth referred to is typing directly into the FIELD on an Update Data action in a rule. For a WO it does not seem to offer the Change as available for field selection but you CAN type "Change;Status" (no spaces) into the fieldname and it enables!
SeanJ

Hi Moxie

can you just elaborate it..what exactly u hv done in roles
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Sean,

It is better to start a new thread - I am not sure what you mean by roles here.

Also means that you can give points to the people who reposnd to you

Regards, ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event