Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Register a WO when the status of Change ticket is changed

Highlighted
danillu
Valued Contributor.

Register a WO when the status of Change ticket is changed

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way to register automatically a WO when the status of a Change ticket is changed?

I don't know if that can be done.

Thanks,

Dani
6 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Register a WO when the status of Change ticket is changed

Hi
The easy way use sd_event.

Vassili
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

you could set up a smart action and fire it from a UI rule. In the smartaction you can call sd_dataform.bat and set copy paramters

You may need a second rule to have the Workorder pass back its status value to a field in the service call so you can fire the rule on the workorder status change.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

I'm with Vasily on this. I have extensivly used smart actions and sd_dataforms and now I'm on converting to sd_event. You see smart actions/data forms rely heavily on user input and though it adds a wow factor it tends to be unreliable.
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

For example:

At your case it's trivial to launch a new workorder, even pass the change id to it. But what if the person dismiss it? Your flow will be messed. sd_event is guaranteed to add a workorder whever the user likes it or not.

Since SP11, there is also another way to add a workorder, you can even time program a series of workorders with autowo.

You can find the documentation of autowo on Doc\ folder of SP11.
menes fhtagn
Colleen Talbert
Super Contributor.

I have looked through our SP11 folder and I can't find any documentation on autowo. Is there a place where I can download it? We are on SP11 and this sounds like exactly what I need for a current issue we're having.

Thanks,
Colleen
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sorry!

You can find documentation of autowo on api\ directory of each service pack after SP12.
menes fhtagn