Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Reg OVOW -SD integration

Highlighted
nilirs
Super Contributor.

Reg OVOW -SD integration

I have atest set up running here with OVOW 7.21 running on win2000 server(sp4) on MS SQL (SP3) and Service Desk 4.5 (patch 14) runnnig on a seperate windows 2000 machine on a different MSSQL database server.
I have a problem in raising the critical events in OVOW as incidents in SD.
The following are the configurations that i have made on the OVOW server and the Service desk server.
Can anyone tell me what i have missed out or where i have gone wrong.

The following are the configurations made on the OVOW side.

OVSD integration pack
SD agent
WBEM ODBC driver

The following are the configurations made on the service desk part

SQL server driver (openview)

Iam able to raise incidents from the OVOW server manually using the command prompt, but iam not able to get them from the OVOW server. why is it so ????I have applied the policies for "sending messages" from OVO server, other than that what are the configuration changes iam supposed to
make on the OVOW part.
can any one let me know what are the exact changes i need to make if i have my OVO server and SD on two different machines, running on seperate database servers.
I have applied all the latest patches including one needed for integration.

Can anyone help me out, i have been sitting over this for lot many days.I would appreciate if anyone can guide me regarding this. I don't have any problem in importing the configuration items and the services and getting them into the SD.

When i try to simulate a test message from the OVO server iam able to get the message on the browser window, i also get a message with text message "could not forward to servicedesk" which disappears quickly. what are the configuration changes which i need to make on the OVOW server part.

Thanks in advance.
srinidhi....
7 REPLIES
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Reg OVOW -SD integration

You might check that you have followed all the steps in the config whitepaper:
http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=OV-EN014249
SeeSpatz
Contributor.

Hello Srinidhi,

I had exactly the same problem. After a complete re-deploy (agent and policies) on the management server, suddenly everything worked.

Best regards
Michael Stoller
Super Contributor.

When you said that redeploying the agent and policies started everything up again on the OVSD side, are you referring to the OVO Agent, or the OVSD Client, or both?

Thanks,

Michael
michael.stoller@pcbancorp.com
"Give us the tools, and we will finish the job." - Winston Churchill, During World War II
steven_160
Super Contributor.

Hi,

1. Have you check the windows firewall...it should be off... try accessing from OVO server the SD server where SD is intsalled..you can do it from Start-->Run...
2. Are you getting messages in OVOW console.
3. And whiel giving command manually is it giving successful

HTH

steven
Michael Stoller
Super Contributor.

It is not a firewall issue. My situation is weird, in that occasionally, the OVSD integration with OVOW actually works, but then it stops opening Incidents, even though messages are coming into OVOW that should trigger Incidents. The Windows firewall is off. I can access the OVSD server from the OVOW server, and I actually manage the OVSD server in OVOW. There are no network connectivity issues here. I am getting MANY messages in the OVOW console. When I try the VBS script at the command line, I am not getting any Incidents opened. However, as I said above, the VBS script in the OVSD integration policy is obviously OK if it is opening Incidents here and there.

Would you suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the OVSD Agent, and redeploying instrumentation and policies to the OVOW and OVSD servers?

Thanks!
"Give us the tools, and we will finish the job." - Winston Churchill, During World War II
OV SALES
Regular Contributor.

Any errors in the sd_event.log file?
Michael Stoller
Super Contributor.

None, and I have solved the issue by removing the OVSD integration policy from the OVOW server, deleting the policy, running the batch file that creates the OVSD policies, and redeploying to the OVOW server.

Thanks!

Michael