Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Record locking in service desk 4.5 SP20

Highlighted
wizardpinball
Frequent Contributor.

Record locking in service desk 4.5 SP20

We have the option for record locking, but it seems not to work.

It only works for one person that is logged onto service desk each day. And it is different person each day.

I was hoping that someone would know why it is not working. And ot get it sorted.

Thanks
5 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Record locking in service desk 4.5 SP20

Where are you seeing an option for record locking? HPSD normally functions on an "optimistic" strategy - allow everyone to share an object for read, note the first amendment, tell a subsequent amender it has changed. What are you describing?
wizardpinball
Frequent Contributor.

What it should be doing is, if someone has open a record, and then keeps it opened.
And then another person opens the same record, There should be a prompt that another user has that record open. But at the moment it is not doing that. I have selected the correct option in the administrator console options.
Does anyone know why this is not working.
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sorry Ben - you were referring to the new facilities in SP20. I haven't had a chance to look at them on a "real" service but on my demo machine with server and two clients (different accounts) it seems to be working? Have you ticked all three boxes AND defined a Person View for it to use? When you say "works for one person" does it work properly? What do susequent users see?
wizardpinball
Frequent Contributor.

It only works for one user. So if that user opens a record, it will state that the record is open by one user. And then if someone else opens the same record at the same time, it will state someone is looking at it and list the user.
But if another user opens a record it will state at the bottom of the record that there is 0 people with that record open and will not prompt anyone if it someone else opens it at the same time.

Also i have set up all the views and tick the right boxes to turn on option.
Sam Moody
Regular Contributor.

hi ben, im getting the exact same problem, if i go into the admin panel, under Security/Audit/Logged on users only 1 person shows as being logged in, ive got 10 named and 4 concurrecnt users, and havent ever had any problem with licences/being able to get on SD

why would it only show the most recently logged in person?