Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Receiving java.lang.NullPointerException error when accessing combination view in Incident

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
c_rod27
Regular Contributor.

Receiving java.lang.NullPointerException error when accessing combination view in Incident

I just created a new Combination view in Incidents that consist of 4 different tables.Each table has conditions set to show new tickets in last 24 hours, closed tickets in the last 24 hours, maintenance tickets, problem tickets, and service request tickets. Now every time I access or refresh the view I am receiving the following error:

Unexpected exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

Detail:
java.lang.NullPointerException at java.text.CollationElementIterator.(Unknown Source) at java.text.RuleBasedCollator.getCollationElementIterator(Unknown Source) at java.text.RuleBasedCollator.compare(Unknown Source) at com.hp.ov.ui.util.TextComparator.compare(Unknown Source) at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Unknown Source) at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Unknown Source) at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source) at com.hp.ov.ui.util.SortUtilities.sortOrderableInfos(Unknown Source) at com.hp.ov.ui.util.SortUtilities.sortEnumeration(Unknown Source) at com.hp.ov.ui.client.common.action.Actions.getActions(Unknown Source) at com.hp.ov.ui.util.ConsoleUtils.getConsoleSelectionForItem(Unknown Source) at com.hp.ov.ui.ext.core.view.table.TableViewModel.loadEntitySet(Unknown Source) at com.hp.ov.ui.ext.core.view.table.TableViewModel.load(Unknown Source) at com.hp.ov.ui.ext.core.view.table.AppTableView.loadPopulateModel(Unknown Source) at com.hp.ov.ui.view.AbstractView$2.run(Unknown Source) at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This issue is only happening on the server, not the clients. Please advise on how I should resolve this issue.
6 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Receiving java.lang.NullPointerException error when accessing combination view in Incident

Did you try manually clearing the application data folder?
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Receiving java.lang.NullPointerException error when accessing combination view in Incident

Also check for any zero length files in the application folder, delete them as they are corrupted. Have you try recreating that view again under a different name in case the current one is corrupted ?
c_rod27
Regular Contributor.

Hello. I cleared the Application data folder and recreated the views. Still receiving the error.
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.

You mentioned this issue only happens to client on the server but not the standalone clients. Check your java versions on server and client. I suspect they are different. You may have to log a call with HP on this.
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

hi,

What service pack is this? Is this client 2008?

regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
c_rod27
Regular Contributor.

I'm currently working on SD 5.1. I do notice that the client has java version 1.4.2_17 and the server has java version 1.4.2_11. Could this be the issue?