Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Receivers Person on Agreement import issue

Highlighted
scatalinus
Super Contributor.

Receivers Person on Agreement import issue

Hello!

I do have an issue with Service Desk 4.5 SP19.
I'm trying to import Services, SLAa and their relation to persons from an Excel file.

Let's suppose that we have Service A with 2 SLA: SLA_1 and SLA_2. Normally one person can be related to only one of these SLA's. If I am trying to manually relate a person to both these SLA's I'm getting an error message from OVSD that the person is already related to an SLA of this service.

When I'm doing the same thing with Data Exchange (using Person Receivers on Agreement item type), the application server relates one person to all the SLA that he is related to, even if there a multiple SLA of the same Service.

Can anybody help me? Is it a Data Exchange error or a mis-configuration of the import task (in the Excel file there will be situation when a person appears related to multiple SLA's of the same Service - but I would like some error message of this not their import in the application).

Thank you.
6 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Receivers Person on Agreement import issue

Catalin,

If DataExchange is allowing you to relate one person to 2 SLAs for the same Service, then it sure does sound to me like a problem.

How will OVSD know which SLA to apply to the person?

-Josh
scatalinus
Super Contributor.

As I said yesterday, I encountered this situation on a Service Desk 4.5 SP19. Today I have tested the same issue on a SP18 instance, and the error remains.

Is there anybody else that has met this error ??
Dan Ioan
Honored Contributor.

Hi Cata,
When you relate manually, same person as receiver person to different SLAs related to business services type, system will generate the error you mentioned before.
But, there is no error if those SLAs are related with operational services type! So, I think that could be a mapping problem, due to missing references to SLAs associated services.
Regards,
Dan
Dumitru Neferu
Valued Contributor.

Thank you Dan for the answer.

Anyway the situation you mentioned is different than mine. I have only bussiness SLA's and when I manually relate the persons to them I get the error, but when I do the same thing by Data Exchange it links one person to more SLA's of the same service (even if they are bussiness SLA's).
Anda Apine
Honored Contributor.

I think that you will need some data checking before importing.This is not the only ting that data exchange allows to do, but UI shows error.

Test one more thing - make 2 imports:
1. with SLA_1 and relations
2. with SLA_2 and relations

May be you will get error if they will be 2 separate scripts.

let us know about results.

Anda
scatalinus
Super Contributor.

Nice hint Anda!

I will try it and if it works you will get my points.

Thank you.