cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-importing Service Calls Classification field two levels

Highlighted
Rory Emmans

Re-importing Service Calls Classification field two levels

I am exporting Service Calls and want to add a "Classification" field that has a parent "Classification" and a child or sub Classification" field e.g. Access \ Domain and that which is not currently in the form. I have exported the service calls to a Excel spreadsheet and added the "Classification field Access \ Domain for the classification field in a column and try to import it. Domain exists with multiple parents whick I think might be the problem. I am getiing "No item found with this text" error during import. The XML file looks good and I can import the parent Classification field by itself without the sub classification field. Is there a trick in mapping using "A reference to item" I have tried Parent, child with no luck. Is there anyway to update current tickets with the new "Classification" structure besided doing a update all which would take a long time in production?
1 REPLY
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Re: Re-importing Service Calls Classification field two levels

Rory,

I think you have already identified the problem. Either make your child classifications unique, or use Web API to update the data, rather than DataExchange.

-Josh
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event