Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random survey sent out in Service Desk by Service calls created?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Rory Emmans

Random survey sent out in Service Desk by Service calls created?

Is there anyway in Service Desk to send out a link to a survey every x number of support tickets created. I can do it every x number of tickets created by one person but not by every x number of Support Requests created. I can create a custom person field record and have it updated when a support request is created but you can only send out a survey when that specific person reached x number. If you have a custom number field for a Service Call you have to have a "0" in the template in order for it to count but of course you can only get to "1" before it gets reset to "0" when a new Service Call is created. Can anybody think of a way to keep count of service calls created and send out a link to a survey based on service calls created and not created by a particular person?
6 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Random survey sent out in Service Desk by Service calls created?

Hi Rory,

I had a look at this before and then a decision was made to send out a survey on every closed call - easy with DB rule set to fire on closure.

What I was looking at that may help is as follows.

I was looking at using a DB rule to take the Service Call ID number, trim it down to 1 digit on the right side (to get a value from 0-9) and placing the value in a text field. Then another DB rule would fire on say 3 of the possible 9 values (0-9) or even just one.

The trim to use in the rule may be the opposite as you want to trim from right to left or try the "take part of" function

As I said I never required this in the end so I didn't develop the logic. I am intersted if you do think its worth trying to see if this is effective.
Rory Emmans

Thanks for the idea. Using trim left side option and we are at 40xxx tickets that DB rule should be almost 60000 tickets be we will need to add a charactor to this db rule
Dennis Melchi
Super Collector

Rory,

Use a DB rule to pass the ticket number to an external script running on a web server using the get data from external system function. I personally use Perl. In the Perl script, divide the ticket number by your sample size and check if it is evenly divisible (use the modulus function). If it is evenly divisible, return a 1 or true to a custom service call Boolean field to indicate this ticket should have a survey. If not evenly divisible, return a 0. The 0 or 1 (true or false) is the results passed back to the get data from external system function. Finally, create another DB rule upon your custom service call Boolean field being set to true to send the survey. Works like a champ and is only about 4 lines of Perl or other script.
Michael Krongar
Super Collector

I used a differnt approach. I also send an e-mail when a ticket is closed with a link to an online survey page. What I did different is I also added a custom date field in the person record of the caller and added the date the survey was sent. I limit sending the e-mail only to persons when this field is empty. Every week I go and do a mass update on this field to blank it out if the date is older than 90 days. This way I don't send multiple surveys to a person in a 90 day period.
KPatel_1
Acclaimed Contributor

I can not do scripting, is it possible to get the script?
OVSD SSL connec
Acclaimed Contributor

Contact me offline and we can discuss your requirements for a survey system. Our organisation sells such a product
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event