Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radia4.2i how to integrate with OVSD4.5?

Highlighted
gzitsm
Occasional Contributor

Radia4.2i how to integrate with OVSD4.5?

Dear all,

After I imported all the inventory data into OVSD from Radia, my boss told me that as soon as a hardware change happens, Radia must send an event information to OVSD immediately to create an incident record after auto changing the CI. How should I do?

Thanks
Bill
3 REPLIES
CADBIOSS
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Radia4.2i how to integrate with OVSD4.5?

Many integrations use sd_event to create incidents. An example is the OVO integration. This would probably do well with Radia as long as you can call external programs with parameters from the Radia software automatically.

Cheers...

Jim
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Hi qzitsm,

Radia provides the service desk CMDB with info of the infrastructure. SD create change record which get approves and automatically triggers Radia to create the desired state in the infrastructure.
Once the desired state has been checked as succesfull, I would have thought it was a manual process to mark the change record or CMDB as completed since Radia function is not to notify Service Desk.
I guess if you can get Radia to fire a batch file to run sd_event every time a change takes effect, it can be used to create an incident record but that to me sounds wrong as Radia is not suppose to be use for notification but maintaining changes.
Mike Vaughn
Frequent Visitor

Bill,

Radia scans hardware based on a timer or notify. Radia is not triggered because a hardware change happens.

When it does scan the delta is normally posted to SQL/Oracle. A DBA could create a stored procedure as the trigger. (I'm no dba).

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event