Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

RFC set to Waiting for CAB not showing up in view or Advanced Find.

Highlighted
John Chalker
Valued Contributor.

RFC set to Waiting for CAB not showing up in view or Advanced Find.

First we are running Service Desk 4.5 SP18, and are unable to reproduce this. Also this has happened on twice in the last month. This is alarming because we have been using SD for 3+ years.

The issue is with changes with the status set to Waiting for CAB Decision are not showing up in our view or when searching via Advanced Find. The criteria for the find are changes that have a Status of Waiting for CAB Decision and Change Manager.

Querying the data directly from the DB shows the information in the DB is correct and should appear in our View or at least show up in advanced find.

When we change the RFC status to Risk and Impact Analysis (or any thing less than Waiting for CAB) then set it back to Waiting for CAB Decision it shows up in our view and Advanced Find.

Since this has never happened in the 3+ years we have used SD we are inclined to believe it is an issue with SP18. Has anyone experienced this or similar issues? Any assistance is greatly appreciated, as this may indicate a larger systemic issue.
5 REPLIES
John Chalker
Valued Contributor.

Re: RFC set to Waiting for CAB not showing up in view or Advanced Find.

We are service pack 17 not 18.
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

John,

We are on SP 18, having upgraded directly from SP8. I cannot reproduce your problem, but I am not sure I understand exactly which search criteria you are using in Advanced find.

I assume that you have eliminated as a possible cause certain criteria that might be checked, for example, in the middle tab. The other question is if you have checked the General Setting "Apply filters in Advanced Find...", and if you are using a view that might be filtering the items concerned.

That being said, I share your alarm over the quality of the programming that has gone into the changes between SP8 and SP18. Many bugs where either introduced or have become evident since then. I think it fair to qualify the work done by H-P as amateurish, although we have not yet been blocked by a bug that yields simply false results.

-Josh
John Chalker
Valued Contributor.

Thanks for you reply Josiah. First we have defined a System View that displays all RFCs waiting for CAB. This is view selects only RFCs that have a Status = Waiting for CAB and Change Manager Approve not equal to Yes.

When we used advanced find we only searched for RFCs with a Status = Waiting for CAB.

Once the Advanced Find did not return the RFC we queried the DB and noticed the data was correct in the DB and should have showed up in the View and Advanced Find.

Thanks again for the insight :)
John Chalker
Valued Contributor.

The issue is resolved.

The resolution was to change the filter.

Change Manager Approved not equal to null or Yes

I just think it is strange that a Null value would not match (Change Manager not = Yes)

That is almost like saying Null = Yes....but thats another story
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

John,

I share your frustration about these tristate fields that mascarade as booleans, especially as OVSD does not implement them in a uniform way.

A general question: does anyway actually exploit the fact that the field is tristate, or do we all just have to work around it ?

-Josh