Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickfind view limitation

Highlighted
Erik Manders
Super Collector

Quickfind view limitation

Hello,
Is there a way to limit the views available to users in a single field's quick and advanced finds? I'm trying to limit the views available for the field 'Assignment->To External Organization' without limiting those available in other organization fields.

Thanks in advance,
Erik Manders
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Quickfind view limitation

Hello Erik,

Quick view is using the default view (per account) for the given item. In Advanced find the views that are listed are the views that user's role has access to.

So you cannot do what you want. However you can create a view named eg External Orgs and when your users try to assign an item to external org they can use this view through advanced find to filter out the entries. However this functionality requires SP16 or newer.
menes fhtagn
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

George,

Slight highjack here....

If you create a view as you suggest and set it in Presentation > Search > Organisation.

Would you then expect that to be the default view when a user uses Advanced Find to look for an Organisation?

This is on SP17.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Peter,

Each user can define what view is the default view for his role. So even if you create a view you won't have guarantee that this will be user's default view unless it's the only view that user has access.
menes fhtagn
Erik Manders
Super Collector

Oh well,
It doesn't look like what I want to do is possible. I'll have to (re)train the users then.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event