Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Question regarding HP Service Desk 45 ( SP15 )

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
chandrakanth_1
Contributor.

Question regarding HP Service Desk 45 ( SP15 )

Hi all,

For the change management module is there anyway I can get a e-mail if somebody attaches a file to the change with the file attached in the e-mail ?

Thanks,
Prasanna
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Question regarding HP Service Desk 45 ( SP15 )

Hello,

Short Answer: With your version, no.
You should upgrade to SP17 in order to be able to send e-mail with attachments. And even then, it is not automatic. In SP17 a generic code is introduced named "Attachment Classification". In order to be able to send the attachment your users must set the Attachment Classification, because this can't be set automatically.
menes fhtagn
chandrakanth_1
Contributor.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using now HP SD 45 and Service Pack 15. So that means if we upgrade to Service Pack 19 then I will get the following result with the settings that need to be done from the user side.

If user attaches an attachment to the Change then the person who created the change will get a mail ( with the attachment embedded ).

Please confirm.

Thanks,
Prasanna
chandrakanth_1
Contributor.

Aplogize for the typo. I meant Service Pack 17.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Prasanna,

A mail can be sent to anyone with the attachment, provided either that your users set attachment classification to a value, and at the send mail action the selected classification is checked at the "Send-out Attachment Classification" or your user leave "attachments" unclassified and "Unclassified" is selected at the "Send-out Attachment Classification"
menes fhtagn