The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on new func. "dynamic forms"

Highlighted
SD_3
Regular Collector

Question on new func. "dynamic forms"

Hello all,

I'd like to use the new func. dynamic forms to display a CI subform within a call main form using an UI rule which would be : "if category of the impacted CI is 'application' or 'software', then display the subform with more CI fields on the call main form". But that doesn't work at all.

I've attached a .doc with all I've done in admin console. Somebody can help ?

Thanks and .. drink a lot (water I mean, with this hot summer, not another things, ok ? ) ;-)

SD
5 REPLIES
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Re: Question on new func. "dynamic forms"

Hi SD,

I could see two things.

1) In your Generic relation, the To item contains Form. is there a way to change this to sub-form?
2) The Relation for this type contains Application and Software and in your UI rule you have selected condition 'not Configuration Item is empty'. Change this to Where Category = Application or Software.

hope this helps.

raman
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

You do not show the subforms. Are you trying to include a CI subform in a Service Call main form ? I do not think that will work.

Bon courage,
Josh
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Hi
CI subform allow insert in to CI form, SC in SC, etc. In your case, if you like show two additional fields, copy this infromation to additional Custom fields in SC and then create SC Subfom and show/notShow this subform.

Beliave this hellp you,
Vassili
SD_3
Regular Collector

Thanks Josiah and Vassili.. I think that (unfortunately) you're right, no way to link directly 2 different SD items. I'm gonna try this ASAP, I let you know.

SD
SD_3
Regular Collector

I confirm, this was correct, I managed to get a result with these recommandations.

But, still, can't this "restriction" be worked around ? Is there someone who knows how to include fields from an item to another without using this custom fields workaround? 'Cause if so, that would be very interesting for everyone here to know.

Thanks, and 10 points go to the winner ;-)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event