Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Question about searching history lines

Highlighted
kaese
Valued Contributor.

Question about searching history lines

We are using SD4.5 with SP26. The option "Enable searching Historylines in Advanced Find" is enabled. But looking at the advanced find window, i can't select anything, which is related to historylines from the field drop down list. There is no "History" entry.

If I type History;Registration;Created, History;Information or History;Subject into the field, I can search history lines without any problem.

Wouldn't it be better, to make "History" available via the drop down menu if the option to search history lines is enabled?
3 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Question about searching history lines

Hi
Read more carefull documentation! Put in "feild" History;Subject then you can searching by Sybject, etc. If you turn off "Enable searching...." then all can't to do "history" searching.

Vasily
kaese
Valued Contributor.

That's what I wrote. You should carefully read my posting :-)

"If I type History;Registration;Created, History;Information or History;Subject into the field, I can search history lines without any problem."

Yesteday someone from my company asked me, how to search for history lines. I told him, to type e.g. "History;Registration" into the field but it would be much better, if this could be select from the drop down menu imho.
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

No "History" in to drop down menu.

Vasily