Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Problems with restored, by sd_dbconfwizard, base

Highlighted
Allex_1
Contributor.

Problems with restored, by sd_dbconfwizard, base

Hello

Once i restored my ms sql base by sd_dbconfwizard.bat.

And now I notice some insteresting in service desk restore tools (sd_dbconfwizard.bat -internal)

Example:
Create a new database by sd_dbconfwizard.bat and get information about parents keys, for example, for table 'Itsm_servicecalls' using ms_sql server function sp_fkeys @pktable_name = 'itsm_servicecalls' we will get many columns, but us interests column 'delete rule'. For this new base we get the following infromation:
-----------------------
pkcolumn_name
-----------------------
ser_oid
ser_oid

----------------------
fkcolumn_name:
-----------------------
ITSM_SER_4K5
ITSM_SER_ASS_INFORMATION
ITSM_SER_CUSTOM_FIELDS
ITSM_SER_INFORMATION
ITSM_SER_SOLUTION
ITSM_SER_WORKAROUND
ITSM_SERVICE_RELATIONS
ITSM_SERVICECALLS
ITSM_SLA_REPORT_NEG_INDICATION
ITSM_WORKORDERS
---------------
delete_rule
---------------

pkcolumn_name - parent key, fkcolumn_name table with foreign key, delete_rule - '0' means 'cascade deletion' and '1' means 'no action'

If we backup database using sd_dbconfwizard into two binary files, example, test.rsd and test.dsd and after that restore base from this files, we will have the following information if execute function sp_fkeys @pktable_name ='itsm_servicecalls' on base that was restored:
-----------------------
pkcolumn_name
-----------------------
ser_oid
ser_oid

----------------------
fkcolumn_name:
-----------------------
ITSM_SER_4K5
ITSM_SER_ASS_INFORMATION
ITSM_SER_CUSTOM_FIELDS
ITSM_SER_INFORMATION
ITSM_SER_SOLUTION
ITSM_SER_WORKAROUND
ITSM_SERVICE_RELATIONS
ITSM_SERVICECALLS
ITSM_SLA_REPORT_NEG_INDICATION
ITSM_WORKORDERS
---------------
delete_rule
---------------

On restored base parameter delete rule or 'on delete' sets up to 'No action'.Similar situation in other tables.

And now i have some promlebs with my once restored database.
Problems like this:

1.If in service call, in assignment(press button "more") i fill field "information to receiver" on "Assignor information" tab and save service call, after that i can not delete this service call. In logserver the following information "delete statement conflict with column references...table itsm_servicecalls...table itsm_ser_ass_information...). I can not delete this service call because for parent and foreign key of itsm_servicecalls and itsm_ser_ass_information i have delete rule is set up to 'No action', but not in 'cascade deletion'.

2.Also i have errors(delete statement conflict...) when installing service packs.

I need to put attributes of cascade deletion manually or there are other ways for the decision of the this problem?
1 REPLY
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Problems with restored, by sd_dbconfwizard, base

Hi Alex.
The correct value for delete_rule column be in first text version as:

Modify your database, that must help.

Vasily