The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems marking calls that has passed deadline

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jan Gunnar Helg

Problems marking calls that has passed deadline

We are currently using a DB rule to mark our various calls when they reach their deadline. You can image the scheduled task list is a nightmare so I want to remove this and replace it with something a bit more clever.

I added an autoformat in our views that marks calls red where To deadline = is less than 1 minute.

This works great for service calls that has deadlines, BUT we also use service calls with no deadline for reasons I will not elaborate on ;) Problem is these also gets marked red. Is there any way to not have this autoformat mark these?
5 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Problems marking calls that has passed deadline

Hi there,

The only thing I can suugest is another auto format rule on Deadline being empty that sets the format and which is obeyed before the red one.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Jan Gunnar Helg

Alas the operator for Deadline in Auto format only have: on, on or after, on or before and is between. No "is empty" :(
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi there,

Then have a rule which sets a custom boolean field to True if Deadline set and false otherwise and use that for the autoformat.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Jan Gunnar Helg

Ah, genious! Thanks Ruth :)
Jan Gunnar Helg

Ok, so I went ahead and started rewriting/removing my DB rules based on this and I got stomped at the one that sends an email to the workgroup members when a service call has reached its deadline.

It is ment to send an email to the assigned workgroup members once the deadline is met. But I cannot figure out how to do this without genereating a scheduled task as you cannot use the "To Deadline" as a criteria in a DB rule.

any ideas Ruth? :) (Running 4.5 SP21)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event