The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems creating service call through Web-api

Highlighted
Craig R Taylor
Collector

Problems creating service call through Web-api

Hello all,

Strange problem that I thought I had beat but apparently not. We have a web-api based tool that creates service calls as part of its functionality. When the user has the sysadmin role they are able to create the service call. Without it the user receives the error:
"You are not allowed to insert this service call"

Looking at previous posts it suggests looking at ensuring there is a folder allocated to the template. They also say to make sure the user has access to the folder and the template. As far as I can tell both of these conditions have been satisfied. The user has the role "OPS - Service Call - VNM" which has View, New, and Modify access to Service Calls in the "MAIN" folder. The template "SOC - Service Call Template" has the Folder set to MAIN. All required fields are either filled in by the template or provided by the web-api application.

Ideas?
You can observe a lot just by watching. - YOGI BERRA
2 REPLIES
Craig R Taylor
Collector

Re: Problems creating service call through Web-api

No sooner had I posted this when I discovered something. There are TWO fields in the template form called folder. I am not sure what the difference is between them but I've filled them both out.
My guess is the first folder field is for the folder that the template belongs to. The second folder field is what folder the service call is to be put into.
Craig R Taylor
Collector

Re: Problems creating service call through Web-api

see above
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event