Problem with popup screen when saved new Service Call

Highlighted
Bc'tje
Collector

Problem with popup screen when saved new Service Call

Good morning!

When a Service Call is registered there is a popup with the text:
"The Service call has been saved with the ID 93706."

Now the problem is that we are over 100000 calls, so that the ID number (6 characters) of the service call doesn't fit anymore in the popup screen.

Does anyone know if you can customize the settings to fit the screen, or to enlarge the popup screen, or...?

Thx, greetings Bart
I didn't do it
4 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with popup screen when saved new Service Call

Bart,

Which version are you on? There was a problem introduced somewhere between 4.5 SP 8 and SP18 where longer messages no longer display correctly. However, your message does not seem as long as that!

Why not change it to "The Call has been saved with ID 93706", or just remove the work "the" - it is still good English and you will probably have gained enough space for as many service calls as McDo sells hamburgers.

-Josh
Bc'tje
Collector

Ok, thx for the reply...tomorrow I will have a look at it to change the text...I think I know where to look but I forgot :)
I didn't do it
Ryan Jenkins
Regular Collector

See the following link. The post at the very bottom has the location of the text.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=949330
Bc'tje
Collector

The Workaround:
- open admin console
- Go to Presentation --> Localized Text --> Label Text --> <> (English in my case)
- Open Label 'The %1 has been saved with the ID %2.'
- Add a carriage return like this:

The %1 has been saved with
the ID %2.

Little remark: I couldn't find the string "The %1 has been saved with the ID %2." manually, so thru advanced search on localized text I found the necessary localized text and updated it.

Greetings, and thx for the help.
Bye
I didn't do it
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event