Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Problem with custom field's creation (OVSD 4.5 SP20)

Highlighted
Gints Bika1
Trusted Contributor.

Problem with custom field's creation (OVSD 4.5 SP20)

Hello,

Trying to create a new custom field using Data->Custom fields->New custom field I receive message:
"You are not allowed to view this attribute ui item or this may have been deleted by another user", see attachment.

It happens only on one server, on the another everything works.

It happens when "Entity to" is Person. "Item" can be Work order, Service call, etc.

As I read in other threads, I stopped server, deleted all files in the directory c:\Documents and settings\...\Service desk\cache on the server and client, restarted server and received the same message.

Do I have to delete something else from directory c:\Documents and settings\...\Service desk?

Or do something else?

Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Problem with custom field's creation (OVSD 4.5 SP20)

Hi,

try deleting the cache in the server under:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\cache

The path under: "c:\Documents and settings\..etc" is for cache on clients.

ps/ to do this, you'll need to stop SD services.

Regards,
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Gints Bika1
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Problem with custom field's creation (OVSD 4.5 SP20)

Thanks for information about where to find the cache on a server, but, unfortunately the same message was shown.

I stopped the server, deleted all files in cache folder, restarted and opened the client and saw the message.

Perhaps, because I forgot to delete the cache on the client while server was down and first time connected with the old cache.

Or I have to delete something else, do something else or even to reinstall the server?