Problem with Roles

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Carlos_211
Super Contributor.

Problem with Roles

Hi again,

I've finished the configuraation of my service desk and I have a role (tecnician)

With this role, when I try to create a work order, the system says to me "Work order created with ID [blank]". And the ot is not saved in SD.

Any Idea. Maybe I have to set more privilegies to this user.

Thanks
6 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Problem with Roles

Carlos,

Is the WO not created at all, or is the problem that the technician role cannot see it? If the latter, perhaps it is being created in a folder where the role does not have view rights.

-Josh
Mauricio Consta
Honored Contributor.

Thats the question, the work order is created?
Carlos_211
Super Contributor.

No, It wasn't created.

I've found a solution. I have to save the Service call and after that, an id for the Work order ir given. (But not when I save the Work Order)

Thanks anyway.
Mauricio Consta
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Well, you miss that piece of information.

When you create a new item inside other item, for example, you create a workorder using the 'add' button from a service call, the 'child' item doesn't get created until you save the parent item, in this case the service call.

But if yoy create a work order alone, it has to work.
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Carlos,

You may be aware that you can configure OVSD to assign IDs when the new object is first displayed on the screen (which means that you may have holes in the ID sequence), or only after the object is saved (in which case your sequence should be complete and without holes). Your choice depends on when you need to inform people of the ID of the ticket.

This is not really an answer to your question - which appears to be solved - but you do seem concerned about the issue of when you get the service call ID.

-Josh
Carlos_211
Super Contributor.

Yes, It is solved, but thanks anyway for the information (you two)